Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Victory, Bitches!!

This will be brief but I have to gloat: I did something right! Something wedding related!!

So, remember when I told you about the epic struggle to get Fiance to book our hotel blocks? Well, I had good reason to be so persistent (read: naggy/bitchy) on the matter. First: the Fall Foliage Festival, which - yes, boys and girls, is a real thing - is the same week as the wedding. Second: The possibility of the UVA football team having a home game was approximately 50% and with our wedding date dangerously close to most collegiate homecomings, I wanted to be sure we had rooms booked prior to season ticket holders descending upon expedia and stealing all our guests' rooms!

And, my paranoia paid off. In fact, UVA does have a home football game the weekend of our wedding. Unfortunately, this means that we cannot renegotiate for lower room rates. But I'm going to be glass-half-full on this one and dwell on the fact that our guests will have places to dwell during our wedding weekend! Yay, me!

I have been newly inspired to accomplish wedding related tasks! So much so that I will now email Future Mother In Law and I will call her tomorrow to tell her Save the Dates go out by Friday with or without her addresses ... I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYY i'm clapping for you! good girl! brava! and yes, save the date me! i want to cover the fridge in wedding related stuff that does not pertain to my roommate! YAYYYY

    ReplyDelete