Friday, July 8, 2011

Double Digits!

Holy Shit, Y'all! My wedding is 99 days from today. NINETY NINE DAYS! If you are Fiance, then you think that 99 days is practically forever. Meanwhile, if you are me, you think 99 days may as well be tomorrow. We've got four (possibly five) weekends in town together between now and the wedding to get our shit done ... no seriously that's it.

I know I talked about my meltdown. It was unattractive - totally toddler-appropriate with snotty nose, sobbing, hyperventilating, and yes I may have stomped my foot once - I'm not proud of it. But it did get Fiance and his mother to take on some wedding related tasks. Further, he admitted that I was right to feel slightly abandoned and that he'd try to take a more active and opinionated approach to the stupid wedding planning. I feel better, for sure.

To compound that whole improvement in mood I actually got some shit done yesterday! I printed our labels for the invitations (Yes, I've been made aware of the fact that having printed labels is horrible and totally rude and disrespectful of the time and money that you're asking your guests to spend ... to which I say, oh that's funny I've spent months and thousands and thousands of dollars planning this stupid wedding, so,  If you are offended by the labels, 'Go Eff Yourself' - because I'm classy) ... Anyway, Fiance and I spent a lot of time making sure the font and color matched the font on the invites and I'm pretty psyched about how it turned out.

I just want to get the goddamned things in the mail. Once that's done we can start crossing off about a trillion things on the list - all the things that require RSVPs and guest-count-estimates. Once the invitations are completely done and ready to be sent out, I'll take some pics and and make sure y'all see them!

Also, I want to put out there that my bridesmaids are the best. I get messages from them asking how they can help me all the time - unfortunately 99% of the shit on the list has to be done in town and therefore has to be done by me ... or Fiance ... but mostly me.

BUT - super shout out to Bridesmaids Lawyer and Dentist especially because god knows they've got a ton going on in their professional lives and they are just the most amazing friends and so so willing to help - Guys - when you get here, I will have a check list of stuff for you to do. But I'll provide booze for you too. So it shouldn't be too bad ... hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a long comment and then it didn't post. Eff. I'm not re-writing. The theme: (1) yay booze (2) yay fiance (3) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you got over the meltdown. Now I have one other comment: language! For those of you who are bothered by the labels, please send a contribution of ten, twenty, thirty, forty boxes of money to me via Paypal, and I will see to it that my daughter gets it for a new batch of blank invitations and envelopes and a talented calligrapher to misspell all the names.

    To Crystal, I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. Now I compose in a word processor or even Notepad and copy and paste into these little message windows. That way, when something goes wrong with the system for online posting, my deathless prose won't disappear and end up wherever Judge Crater, Ambrose Bierce, Amelia Earhart, and Jimmy Hoffa are playing Texas Hold'em.

    ReplyDelete